Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Tonight it's the red blocks.  Well pink to red.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012


They look so raw don't they?  But maybe in time things will look better.   I think I need the lot made before I can start on 'dressing them up'

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

YELLOW .....

Todays blocks are cream through to yellow.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I am planning a crazy quilt wall hanging with graduating rectangles and colours so here are the first few blocks.

These are all nude blocks and need a lot of downsizing to get the right size.  But need to get all the blocks done first.  Next set tomorrow

Monday, February 6, 2012

CQJP 2012 - Recycle

Recycle  February - All that glitters is ....... plastic bags.

Well a very shabby photo but this months crazy block is made from plasic bags.   I have stripped the bags then knitted them into shapes.  The flowers added are also plastic bags and not easy to see but some of them have been sprayed with adhesive and dipped in glitter.

Not sure how the 3D flowers will go into a journal cover but I think they will sit flat in time.

Knitting the plastic strips was not a good experience.  I know buring bags gives off fumes but so did knitting them up.  So this might be the end of knitting up plastic.  I used my Versa tool (and a mask) when trimming the edges but it didn't seal the edges very well and they will need taping down.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shadow Stitch

Today I have done a little shadow stitching to go into one of the blocks I am making.  A bit over the top maybe but I wanted a little bit of me in one block, so here it is.  It was done in single white DMC thread with a crewel 10 needle.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CQJP 2012

Recycle - Pity about the Chocolate!

This is my January contribution to CQJP2012.  This is my recycled version.  I am also working on a 'proper' block but love the idea of using recycled things to make something new.   These are just old chocolate wrappers from Easter eggs etc.  I then machine stitched the block.  I am hoping a coating of fixative will make it ok to go on a journal cover.  If not I will use tape transfer to solve the problem.

PS My grand children actually ate most of the chocolate. lol

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Journal covers

This one is made from velvet, leather and plastic background.  The blue is hand made silk paper, the pink is silk ribbon and the 's' is couched wool.

This one is made from fancy materials and beaded.  Ribbon and lace have been added.

A lot of sparkle on this one.  I had heaps of problems getting the silver to stick.  I don't seem to be able to find an adhesive that will glue these and beads.   So I tried sticking them on but in the end I needed to sew each one down.  Although it was handy to glue to keep them in place while I took to it all with the nymo.  They ended up looking far more 'casual' that way.

This one was quite tricky - well for me anyway.  The base is yellow poplin.  From the top down it is sequin waste that I beaded.  The next part is chicken scratch.  The name is made out of sparkly and appliqued on.  Next comes beading and wool threaded through millinery wire.